Friday, May 1, 2009

Monkey-ing Around

Hello friends,

Wow. I have been VERY delinquent in blogging. Go figure!

Here are updates:

Caleb is doing better with nursing - YAY! Of course, the way I wrote that implies that we had 'problems', which we really didn't. It was just that he is a frequent nurser - and this just caused my life to be a little challenging. By challenging, I mean tied to the couch. I think there is a permanent depression in the seat cushion nearest the end table where my supplies are kept. But he is getting more efficient. Although starting around 6 pm he gets more frequent again. But during the daytime, he will eat and then be able to do other stuff, like look at things, smile, coo, laugh, gaze, etc.

He is beginning to enjoy his little play-mat (see photos below). That is cool, plus it's good b/c I know that those stimulate is little brain to get bigger and stronger!

We are trying to have the happiest baby on the block. Swaddling works! As does, bouncing and shushing. We bought a swing that plays white noise, and that's amazing! I get an extra hour at least of sleep per night in his first (and longest) sleep cycle - which is about 4 hours, from 10:30 or 11-ish to 3-3:30-ish.

Did you see this? someone made an iPhone application called Baby Shaker. That is horrible! Thankfully, Apple has pulled the app and it can't be downloaded any longer.



The Monkey....


Are you looking at me, Monkey?

I see you Monkey...

Oooh!
You can see that little brain working!


This one is a little fuzzy, but look at that smile!

2 comments:

Holly Furtick said...

I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog before but if your baby loves swaddling, you need to buy a miracle blanket. They are sold in many boutiques, but most easily on ebay.

Holly (Boitnott) Furtick

Emily Jennings said...

He is SO precious!