Saturday, March 5, 2011

Give Pee a Chance

We are beginning to prepare ourselves for the onset of potty training....


We will probably start something resembling a concerted effort after the kids and I get back from our visit to family in Chattanooga. We'll be heading up that way w/ my mom and dad, we'll leave on Caleb's birthday and return a week later. Then it shall begin.

Aside from the obvious - of looking for cues that he's ready, and not making it a fight - I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing. I can't help but wonder what makes me qualified to help a little boy learn to pee. I like how my mother in law did it - she went straight for teaching Alex to pee standing up. Seems logical - why not just do that the first go around?

I'm mostly nervous about this b/c I can see that the potty - like food - is one of those unique places where Caleb could figure out pretty easily that he can take complete control. This is obviously what he does w/ food - or else he just doesn't get hungry at all. But I believe it's the former - he can be in control over eating and not eating. Just like peeing, pooping - in the potty or not. Sigh.


The kiddos at play...

Gracie-Grace all dressed up and 'at the races.' We went to Gulfstream race track w/ Alex's family last weekend. Notice the appearance of two teeth!


Grace and Isabella, Alex's beautiful niece!


We didn't even coordinate those outfits - but they look awesome together! By the way, the onesie Grace is wearing is an awesome custom design from my friend Jackie (see previous post about fabulous Yo Gabba Gabba party). She knits these awesome appliques and sews them to onesies. I had ordered it for Coraline and now it's been handed down to Grace. Jackie is so talented. I tried to find her shop on Etsy.com but she may not be doing that anymore....I'll keep you posted if she is still on there.





No comments: