Thursday, April 9, 2009

Random-ness

Here are random thoughts about my new world of motherhood:

- I have gone through several days without getting peed on. This is an accomplishment

- Caleb knows when I lay down to sleep when he is sleeping and chooses those times to wake up again.

- spit-up gets everywhere, I have adjusted quickly to having it on my clothes

-breastfeeding is going much better - YAY, and Caleb is gaining weight nicely (9 lbs!) and peeing and pooping as he should - so that's all good. We have actually stopped the night-time bottle-feedings and gone only to boob. This is good.

- I am adjusting to less sleep, although every 3-4 days I'll have a slight meltdown and get emotional from being tired. I have also been getting sick - last weekend I had pinkeye and now I'm getting a sore throat, I never get sick, so I'm attributing this to less sleep.

- we bought a swing, it is wonderful and is helping us to put Caleb to sleep at night.

- my baby is obscenely cute, I'm accepting this - although it's tough ;)

- We are eating out more, cooking is tricky, but grocery shopping PLUS cooking is nearly impossible.

- I now watch WAY too much TV. Shows that I watch now include: CSI-NY, Cold Case. I watch more episodes of What Not to Wear (i love this show). These are in addition to what Iu already watched. I also know that there is hardly anything on in the middle of the night besides cartoons on Cartoon Network, Cops, and some cop-dramas if i'm lucky.

- Caleb is getting slightly more alert, and started smiling some. He has laughed a couple times...so cute!

- When I'm tired and frustrated, I have to remind myself not to take it out on Alex...it's not his fault and he's my partner in this.

- There are TONS of dresses and other non-onesie outfits for newborn girls and nothing like that for boys. This annoys me.

-Caleb went to church for the first time last week - it was great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Shay

Great to read your blog and hear that Caleb is doing so great

God bless you and your family for Easter

love SuzanneinAustralia HP
Hannah's Prayer

*I also sent you a pm

Lourdes and Jamie said...

Finally! A post! What about pictures?

Mylinda said...

I used to watch The Weather Channel in the middle of the night while nursing, about 14 years ago!! You're right, there's nothing on in the middle of the night. :-)