Saturday, June 13, 2009

Done: Week 1

My first week back at work is under my belt. It feels good to be done with it.
  • The whole pumping thing went SO well. Really, God is so good at meeting our needs exactly at the time that we need it - as my friend Donna said - not sooner and not later. On Monday I worked a half day, going to work after the La Leche League meeting. I got to work at about 2pm. I pumped once - 3.5 oz. When I picked Caleb up from my Mom's house she told me that she fed him once - 3.5 oz (even though she had 7 prepared)!
  • My general schedule is such that I pump before leaving for work because Caleb is sleeping so I can't feed him, then I pump twice at work - on days that he was at with my in-laws I pumped in the car on the way there b/c it takes longer to get to their house. So my highest volume day I pumped 17 oz! the most he ever ate was 15 oz while I was at work. I am so pleasantly surprised, relieved and grateful to see that I have plenty of milk despite the past 3 months of worrying because I don't have all of the tell-tale signs of plenty of milk that some other women have.
  • The hardest thing about returning to work is being VERY tired. When I was home, it was ok to lose 45 minutes or an hour of sleep because I could sleep until 8 or so when Caleb woke up - but in order to get to work by 7:30 I'm getting up at 5:30 or 6 - the days that I have boot camp I get up 4:45. On a couple of nights last week Caleb woke up at 2:45 or 3, which means I that by the time I got back to sleep - I only had an hour or hour and a half to sleep before getting up.
  • This week was my anniversary! Alex and I have been married for four years! how wonderful - I'm going to post some old-school pics for you to enjoy.
  • For those of you with kids - my cousin, Dave, in Chattanooga, DJs a Saturday morning radio show - the Saturday Morning Cereal Bowl - it's awesome, funky, rockin kid music. You can listen live on the internet from 8-10.
Rain at Disney...early in our dating life - 2002?
Please no comments about how SKINNY I was here - sheesh.

Later...2003 or 2004? (how about those sideburns??)
June 11, 2005



May 2008 - SeattleMay 2008 - Alaska

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

So proud of you! And I'm so thankful to Lord for meeting your needs and calming your heart!! LOVE LOVE the pix! You have always been a beautiful person!

When I can't sleep (or my kids, for that matter) I quote Ps 42:1 "I can lie down and sleep in peace for you alone O Lord make me dwell in safety"...I don't know...it helps me!

Have a great week #2~