Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor Day to everyone...the holiday also known as the Memorial Day, because it seems that no one can remember which one is which. I know that I always get them confused. I'm THRILLED to have a 3-day weekend. Woohoo! We are going to Orlando to visit my brother, Aaron. His birthday is the following weekend, but are going to celebrate it this weekend.

I had the brilliant idea that we should go to the House of Blues at Downtown Disney for dinner on Saturday. That place is SO fun. The theme is very Southern-blues. A lot of New Orleans Creole art and decorations. The food is delicious Southern food - mostly Louisiana style food. They have an awesome jambalaya. Alex and I went there to eat when we went to Disney WAY back when we were dating and we liked it a lot. So I mentioned it to Aaron and he was down with the plan. When I told Alex, he told me that one of our recent brides does promotions for House of Blues and had given us a gift certificate. What are the chances of that?? There isn't even one in Miami! So that is perfect! It could only be better if there is a live band playing blues while we are there!

No post written by me would be complete without a statement as to how busy I am. It's truly unbelievable. I am managing well since I have become a master of multi-tasking. I multi-task almost constantly. The downside to this is that it's hard to give people my full attention - my brain is elsewhere. This is especially true with Alex. I feel badly b/c I often come home and get into 'home multi-tasking mode', which is especially hard to get out of. Then I'm not caring or even very nice b/c I have task-accomplishment on the brain.

QUESTION: why is it so easy to be difficult or not nice to the people we love most? I don't act that way at work with people that I don't love....I am feeling guilty about this. I have apologized to Alex for not being nice, but I know that the only way to really show that I'm sorry is to stop behaving that way...I am praying that I will do that.

I don't have any new pictures of Caleb....I'm sure you're disappointed!

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

I have really been thinking about your question lately. The last thing I want is for my kids to grow up saying,"My mom was always grouchy or mad or mean" I HATE when I look back and think about what I was saying or how I was saying it and I know it was awful. I can't take it back but I can do it differently next time!

And I did miss the pics of Caleb!