Saturday, April 17, 2010

countdown begins!

Wow! So much to share since my last posts...

1. The countdown has begun at work - only TWO WEEKS to go! I still get very emotional and nostalgic at the thought of saying goodbye to my wonderful, wonderful coworkers whom I care about so much. However, as the work and projects keep coming--I have to admit I am SO relieved to see a light at the end of this tunnel. Not even, that light is the dawning of a new day - it's just so close!

2. Caleb is now walking and walking. About a week and a half ago you could practically see the switch flip in his brain that told him, "Hey this walking thing is way more efficient than crawling, even if I do fall down a lot." Since then - walking comes first.

3. Vocabulary is growing. Caleb says Mama and Dadda - although Dadda comes far more frequently. Dog started out really clear as Daoh (like "ahh" with a D on the front), but it is now a two syllable word that sounds like dod-do. Which is just weird since we have made a point of always calling things what they are, so we say "dog" not doggie or anything else. Dog is said to almost anything with 4 legs - he also says it if he hears barking. Somewhere along the line he picked up 'Bird' (burr) - and very accurately says it to anything that flies (we saw a lady-bug in a cartoon - that was a burr).

4. In case you don't follow me on Facebook - #2 is a GIRL! At first, we had to adjust b/c we kind of thought we wanted another boy. But now - we are all warmed up to having a little girl. Although am nervous about one thing: I have had very, very short hair for over 10 years - I don't think that I even know how to put up a ponytail - I'm very concerned about learning to do a little girl's hair.

No comments: