Sunday, August 3, 2008

out of sorts

I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in a while. When I started this blog (and Alex's photography blog) - people would always ask where I found the time to write for both of them and do all of the other stuff that I do. I don't know, blogging just isn't very hard, I would say. Well, lately, everything is hard. I am tired all of the time. And some days, like today, I'm beyond tired. So given that general lack of excitement in my day-to-day life, blogging has been hard.

Today, I actually fell asleep in church! I was horrified. Thankfully, I go to a leader service where we watch the service on a big screen on DVD, since I serve during the main service. I guess that I fell asleep and woke up when my head bobbed. No one noticed, but I don't usually do that!

This afternoon, Alex and I went to the Sports Grill for wings. As usual, I moved from really not very hungry to debilitating-ly hungry in about 5 minutes. This just made my tired-ness worse and being hungry kind of makes me nauseous. So we're sitting at the table in the restaurant and Alex asks if he can do anything, I say no. Then he says "you look like you're about to cry". I said, I think I am and then got weepy and just said how tired and hungry I was. What a wreck. He just laughed at me --but I'm sure he also thought I was crazy. Then I ate and felt SO much better - not a 180 degree difference but definitely over 90 degrees.

So...that's why I haven't blogged. If I do anything else as interesting as get overly emotional in a sports bar again, I'll be sure to post.

Now I think I'm going to make some brownies. That makes Alex super happy -- (and I don't mind them either!) ;)

3 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

Ok...you are funny! I totally can relate!! Hang in there...your energy should return...at least partially soon.

Lourdes and Jamie said...

Brownies are pretty much the cure for everything. Take it easy!

Mylinda said...

Want my tip for 5 minute hunger attacks? Carry snacks. A lot of them. And, a variety of them. Once I figured out what my stomach could handle, I would pack it. Then, the second time I would snack on it, I would puke (sorry, but true) and not be able to eat that very item for the entire rest of the pregnancy. Arg! So, I'd have to find something else. So pack a variety (raisins, pb crackers, sunflower seeds, granola bars, anything portable). I know you feel like crap now, but it will pass soon enough. Hang in there. :-)