Thursday, August 28, 2008

1st ultrasound

So today was wonderful with our ultrasound. It made this very very real. I think that there were three just absolutely awe-inspiring moments. The first is when he first zoomed in and you can actually tell that this is a baby; the second is when you see the baby actually just moving around on its own; and the third is hearing the heartbeat. We both got all teary-eyed. Alex asked to hear the heartbeat three different times.

It was funny b/c the guy is trying to take measurements of the baby, but every once in a while it would turn around so that he couldn't see. So the tech would jiggle by belly to try to make it move back. Alex got so upset - he told me later that he didn't like that "because you're not supposed to shake babies." I am laughing again just writing that! I reminded him that I shake the baby more than that when I walk - and anyway the baby is floating in fluid so it's really just rolling around.

Will have Alex take a picture of the ultrasound picture tonight so that I can post it.

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

I know that is VERY exciting!