Monday, September 22, 2008

hello from Albuquerque

So, here I am in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm attending the CityMatCH conference (the MCH is for maternal, child health). It's been a decent conference; overshadowed by the fact that I'm all by my lonesome and that is no fun. I got here Saturday, took a bus to 'Old Town' which is just that old Mexican-style buildings that now house store after store of torquise jewelry and indian art. I did find a cute little boutique of cute clothes and jewelry. I had dinner at the world's slowest restaurant - ate the BEST spicy salsa I've ever had. Apparently, NM is famous for growing red and green chiles so it was super fresh.

Last night the conference had a Friends of CityMatch dinner at a museum. I went to that and sat at a table full of other women there by themselves. We had good conversation. I came back to the hotel, ordered some milk and watched TV.

Today will be a long day, full conference stuff but then nothing to do tonight. I am thinking about taking a cab to a mall.

Things that are good: I go home tomorrow after my presentation the morning. It is officially Fall because Starbucks is back to serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes (my FAVORITE!), I am hopeful that I'm on the verge of beginning to actually look pregnant and not just fatter.

2 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

Well...post a pic of yourself looking preggo! Its not like your husband is a photographer or anything! :) And...I was telling my kids a story about when I was little girl and I mentioned you. We sure have known eachother a LONG time!

One more thing...Jody brought me a Pumpkin Latte yesterday...one of my FAVS!!

Anonymous said...

I agree; nothing says fall like pumpkin-flavored beverages, pastries, breads, cookies, etc. Yum! I was just saying yesterday that I would love to have pumpkin-pie flavored ice cream...mmmm....

Ann Marie