Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day happenings

Alex and I had a pretty nice Labor Day weekend, we were busy most of the time but not doing anything major.

Friday evening we confirmed in our minds, again, that the economy is slowing down. I haven't eaten fish in MONTHS and was dying for some, so we went to Bonefish Grill - one of my favorite restaurants. On a Friday night, that place usually has a 45 minute or longer wait. We got a seat immediately, which was great b/c as usual, I was starving. I got Chilean sea bass and that made me very happy.

Saturday, we went to the viewing for Alex's high school friend, Carlos, who was hit by a car a short time ago. He was killed instantly from what they say. He was jogging. It was very sad, especially knowing that he was not a Christian. I think that was my first real non-Christian funeral and I found it very hard to think of comforting things to say. There were probably 400 people there.

Sunday, we did church and then had lunch w/ Alex's parents an did some shopping w/ them. Monday we went to the Home Show with my mom and later went to Alex's parents house to swim in the pool.

The highlight for me was that each day of Labor Day weekend, I fit in a good nap. Today I was the least tired I've been for a while. I am chalking it up to getting a boost of naps for several days plus sleeping solid each night over the weekend.

No comments: