Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm SO behind...

I'm seriously behind on blogging - both reading them and writing them. But things have been busy. I'm ridiculously tired right now, but I just spent the last 10 minutes or so catching up on Emily and Lourdes' blogs and I feel guilty about how silent I've been. Here is a run-down of what's been happening.

- Alex decided that baby preparation #1 for our home was to renovate our patio. So we've been planning that. The redo involves: extending our patio by two feet and raising it two inches, removing the tin roof and installing a prettier wooden, taller roof, building in a grill and outdoor mini-kitchen (my only demand was for two ranges to cook stinky food outside), running our gas line to the grill, and then new tile on the patio. So that started on Monday.

- Working, although most of that has been nonstop meetings, I don't feel like I've been productive enough.

- Got burned out on politics during the conventions, took a politics vacation, but I'm easing back into it now.

- Went to dinner w/ my parents on Saturday, discovered when we got home that Miles had sneaked out of the house when we were leaving. Thankfully, he was found by friendly dog lovers in the MEDIAN OF A MAJOR INTERSECTION! They called us from his tag, but also took him to the vet to have his microchip scanned. We were so grateful for this. I can't imagine if we had lost him or he had been hit by a car!

- Shot a portrait session after work today for a Quince that we are shooting next saturday. Why I'm so tired right now.

- shooting a wedding on Friday night (again) after work (sigh)

- I leave on Saturday for New Mexico to attend a conference where I'll be presenting briefly on Tuesday on my school nursing program. This is the CityMatCH conference for state/local maternal child health public health professionals.

No comments: