Thursday, October 16, 2008

More info now

Ok - so the previous post was really, really short - so I'll update now that I'm home from work, gone to publix, have eaten dinner and vacuumed and mopped the floor (whew!).

So this morning we had our appt. Alex borrowed my mom's video camera and we taped a little message to our baby before the appt. We asked the tech if we could video the ultrasound but she said no and that we could purchase a VHS tape for $5. Who has a VHS player? (apparently, both my parents and alex's parents). We didn't know that at the time and did it anyway. I was a little disappointed that the pictures weren't as clear as I wanted - my brother's ultrasound at 18 weeks looks amazing - the baby is so distinct in the ultrasound. Not ours.

The baby was curled in a tight, tight little ball and after getting all the measurements, the tech kept trying for about five more minutes try to get our shy baby to show it's stuff. The biggest problem is that the baby had its legs crossed - even as it was kicking around like crazy she was amazed that it kept its ankles crossed! She was about to give up when she saw 'it' - and announced our baby is a boy!!! We both asked "Are you sure?" because we couldn't see anything on the screen. She was sure. There was definitely an adjustment period b/c I think we both thought we would be having a girl.

But within an hour or so of the appointment - I'm getting very excited about my boy! So there will be another boy in my house with me - after Alex, Pete and Miles.

In other news - I had such a nice day today. I had productive meetings in the 2nd half of my day and apparently it is Boss's Day today. My staff gave me a flower arrangement and a really nice card. Also, my former assistant gave me a plant and a card - the nice part is that about 6 months ago she transferred to another team, and her card said - that she wanted to recognize me even though I'm not her boss anymore, but that she realizes now that she didn't appreciate what she had when she was working for me. That's so nice!

Alex is at his apologetics study - so I used the new BBQ on my own. I grilled corn on the cob and a chicken cutlet w/ swiss cheese and I made a little sandwich with some whole wheat naan bread (Indian flatbread) and roasted a slice of red pepper. The whole meal was cooked on the grill (= no cleanup!) and it was healthy and delicous!

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I, too have a VHS player so I expect a visit soon :)

Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture?!

-Lourdes

Anonymous said...

Two days later and still no picture. Maybe a picture of you pregnant would be good too. If only you knew a good photographer...

Lourdes