Thursday, October 2, 2008

why is it?

Why don't scissors work in the left hand? I can understand why such a simple engineering concept as a scissor is defeated by the use of another hand...I was trying to trim my eyebrows today with tiny scissors and tried using my left hand...and, nothing. Instead I had to try to contort my right hand so that it could trim the left brow. Thankfully, that worked out alright and I still have two eyebrows.

I'm working at home today b/c I had no big meetings and Alex is going to have to go the school later and doesn't really want the workers to be here alone.

The patio is coming along. I feel like we made SO much progress really, really fast in the beginning and the last 7 days have been really, really slow. Initially we were hoping to be done on Tuesday. But then Monday and Tuesday it rained almost all day - so no work got done. Yesterday the marble guys came and started installing the counter-top on the kitchenette island where the grill is. That is a slow process all by itself. They should be done today and I think the gas guy is coming to run our gas line to the grill. Even though the patio won't be finished, we could theoretically grill tonight or tomorrow.

I'm so ready for it to be done. My house is full of dust from the work. Plus the dogs can't really be in the backyard b/c it's a wreck so we have to walk them throughout the day.

Oh well, that's all the complaining I'll do b/c I'm really happy with how it's turning out and I know that we are blessed to be able to do it.

2 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

Seriously...try living your life as a lefty and just cutting normal stuff is a chore. I guess I've gotten used to it, but still, this world is made for the right-handed.

Ann Marie said...

Yay! I love bbq's this time of year. I can't wait to let Alex grill delicious things for us to eat ;)