Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Baby's Room

I'm super excited because I finally found the theme for the baby's room! It happened by accident that last week, I literally stumbled upon an AMAZING kids-room boutique in a little art/design district. I was floored. I have been highly frustrated by the boy-room things at babies r us, they just don't do it for me. This store is like a children's room wonderland.

So I found something that I liked and wanted to show Alex so I took a flyer of the theme home, and when the clerk gave me the paper she stapled their palm card to it. Well, there on their card, was a little room theme of little, modern drawn baby animals in blue, lime green and orange with white as the core color. I loved it - Alex loved it. I took my mom there yesterday and we discovered that the 8-piece bedding set was half off! So I put a deposit on it so that someone can buy it off my registry at that price. I also picked out awesome little accessories that are super unique like this little paper mache puppy dog lamp. I tried searching to find the bedroom set online somewhere, but I couldn't - sorry!

Then my mom and I went to Home Depot and picked up paint samples to start thinking about the walls. I'm SO excited now about this room - it's going to be SO happy and cool!

By the way, we have a name - Caleb, no middle name. Alex thinks they are useless - I disagree but I figure I can pick that battle in the hospital - not now with 4.5 months to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just a little thought about Alex's idea: "no middle name for our kid... they're useless"... and a tip-of-the-scale in your favour; we have a friend (I will not mention names at this time) who's parent's did not want/did not pick a middle name for her... and legally on her birth certificate reads (first name) NMN (last name). Yup, her offical middle name stands for "no middle name"... sad.

Just file it away and when the time is right, you may use this as ammo... that, and also in the delivery room when Alex sees the writhing pain he put you in ;-)

Love you!! jenn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lakesha said...

I too love to decorate my sweet baby room with lovely stuff!! I wanna see your remodeled baby room!!