Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009 everyone!

I just finished reading my best friend Jenn's blog, and I feel like I should put some thought into making a new year's resolution list. I have never actually made new year's resolutions before. I guess for a couple of years I've thought that I would try REALLY hard to remember people's names when I first meet them. That hasn't worked out too well, as I just discovered on Tuesday that I've been calling this new guy in my company by the wrong name. I thought I knew it so I made an extra effort to say "Good morning Gil." - When in fact his name is something else - which I've already forgotten. Apparently, Gil is another new guy who works in a different department. Good job Shaleen.

I guess that my only resolutions are also post-baby projects. Like losing the weight that I've gained since I've been pregnant, but I could add on a new year's reso and say that I'd like to lose the weight I've gained since I got married - now THAT would be nice!

I can't believe that I will have a baby in two and half months. It's really crazy. For new year's eve we had dinner with Lourdes, Jamie and their daughter Sienna. Afterward we played board games. It was fun, but so wild to think that in just a short while, we will have this constant (for lack of a better word) distraction of a baby. They just change the flow of things, I'm sure that will be an adjustment.

Two weeks ago, Lourdes, Ann Marie, and Alex's sister threw me a shower - it was SO gorgeous. It was absolutely perfect. I think that we are pretty much stocked with baby supplies except for some things that we'll pick up later. I did take a lot of pictures, but Alex very nicely informed me that they are horrible. So I can't post them until he has corrected the colors some - and he's WAY too busy designing wedding albums now to adjust my pictures. I did try really hard to take good shots, but it was sunset and the contrast of the light makes things really tricky! Hopefully I'll post them at some point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the pictures were horrible Shaleen. I tried, but I knew there were lots of shadows and didn't know what to do about it.....I guess someone else should have taken them from a different angle than where I was sitting.

Sorry again. =(

Lourdes and Jamie said...

I have a bunch of horrible pics of the shower too. Gosh, Alex is going to have a lot of work to do. I'll burn them on a CD and send them to you or maybe use a fancy website a la Alex, just so I can pretend I'm good. It was great to see you.

Shaleen said...

You all have to remember that my hubby is a professional photographer and can get a little snobbish about pictures!