Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy birthday to me - and other news

So yesterday was my 30th birthday. It was a nice day. I worked all day and got home a little after 6. Then Alex and I went to dinner with Ann Marie and Eddie. We went to this nice Mediterranean restaurant in the Gables, Maroosh. It was delicious! Afterward, we took the long way back to the car - and what did we pass?? A cupcake bakery! Happy birthday to me! I was happy.

Alright, I saw this youtube clip on Emily's blog who linked to it on one of her friend's blog. I did in fact laugh out loud at this. All I can say is, thank goodness for surveillance cameras.



This morning I had a blast from the past. My best friend Jen's mom makes the most delicious apple crisp. A couple months back she emailed me the recipe and I finally made it today for breakfast. It's the best kind of southern recipe - the kind that uses measurements like "a little sugar" "some cinnamon". It came out great! Alex liked it a lot.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day everyone.

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

Oh man, I thought of you yesterday and remembered it was your birthday, but I forgot to tell you! So, happy birthday!!
You know...eggplant can make you go into labor, I had a fabulous dish the night I went into labor with Hattie at a Mediterranean place. Keep it in mind!