Saturday, February 21, 2009

updates

We are just 3 short weeks away from my due date! How exciting. We are really, really praying that Caleb comes early. 1) My OB is concerned that he is going to be big. Our ultrasound last week put him at 7.5 pounds (at 36 weeks). Now, I know that those are notoriously off, but sometimes they aren't and my OB may want to consider induction if he's too concerned. 2) Alex's mom has to have surgery on her kidney on March 10. That is 7 days before my due date. So we are PRAYING that I go into labor au naturale before then. Because the surgery is invasive and she would be in too much pain afterward to be at the hospital. So it would be good to have Caleb before the 10th. 3) I'm getting tired of being pregnant. Each day I feel bigger, more awkward. I went 8 months being pretty much fully independent, but now I call Alex from the other room to reach things and get things so that I don't have to get up - it's just a pain.

So, our plan is that I will step up my walking every day for at least 45 minutes. And then next week, start employing some natural induction techniques.

Last week was Valentine's day, we really had nothing planned, but my parents invited us to a restaurant in Key Largo. So we did that. I had a first-time ever experience. We were seated at a booth - and I didn't fit. We had to go ask for another table. Talk about embarrassing! (it was actually pretty funny).

We did take some maternity photos last week! I have seen a few of the photographer's favorites, but not in a format that I can post yet. We should be getting the files any day - I'm so excited to post them! The photographer is a wedding-photographer friend of Alex's who really wanted to do this for us after she heard we were pregnant. She's very sweet, and asked to remain anonymous. As soon as I get them I will post them. Also, all I asked for from Alex for my birthday was for him to take pictures of the nursery so that I can post them. Hopefully we'll do that tomorrow after he hangs these 2 pictures.

No comments: