Monday, February 2, 2009

My life has been very frustrating lately. Mostly just to me - no one else would notice. I feel like I should be nesting, and in fact, I would like to begin nesting. However that is wholly impossible.

Two of our guest bedrooms have (had) carpeting. We definitely wanted to get rid of that in Caleb's room. So after winter wedding season rush - it was Alex's job to make arrangements for us to get laminate wood in there. Since we both work like crazy and neither of us is handy - this means that we hire someone. So approximately 7 days ago, I spent the evening emptying out the small items from the rooms - emptying closets, moving drawers out of dressers, etc. Most of this was in the guest room b/c Caleb's room never had furniture in it - just some stuff in the closet. The next day, the guys came and began working. All of stuff in the rooms was moved into our living room (bed, dresser, nighstands, antique chest, closet doors, boxes, etc).

After a VERY long day of work, they told us that we didn't buy enough wood. NOT Alex's fault, he told the people at the store the measurements of the room and advised them that he didn't know how much we needed w/ overage for cutting, etc - but these were the dimensions of the rooms and closets. So we had to order 2 more boxes. And we are waiting. 7 days later, no wood. 7 days later, I still have furniture, clothes, closet doors, boxes etc scattered around my living room.

Because of all this, Caleb's furniture is sitting - unassembled in boxes in the garage. Because the furniture is in boxes, all baby clothes and items remain in their gift bags from my shower. Because of that, I don't have a good idea of what I have and am still missing.

Because of all that I am frustrated. Also, my house is a WRECK, which just annoys me.

Speaking of my annoyance over messy houses. I was talking to a coworker about this - he just had his 3rd baby. He told me - like everyone else - that I better start getting over that b/c I won't have my house as clean and orderly again after the baby comes home. Then he sent me this You Tube video:



Also - last night was the Superbowl. That is always bittersweet for me. I love football - and now it's over. The game was not so great until that last half of the 4th quarter then it got amazing!

This was my favorite commercial, and apparently Lourdes' too, because she also has it on her blog. I just think it is super cool.

No comments: