Sunday, May 18, 2008

best blog ever

And no, it's not mine. I continue to have a hard time articulating how much I love and am renewed, refreshed whenever I have the opportunity to see the beauty and love that is possible in other people.

I happened upon this blog as I made my routine stalking of other photographer's blogs. One of my regulars is Jessica Claire. She's in LA and she's just amazing. Anyway, Jessica happened upon the blog of Nate Lawrenson in NC. Nate is married to Tricia. Tricia has cystic fibrosis. CF is a terminal disease that effects the lungs, primarily. Most people CF are not expected to live past their adolescence without having a double lung transplant. Tricia was, in fact, placed on a transplant list when they discovered that she was pregnant.

She carried their daughter 24.5 weeks (just over 1/2 of a normal gestation period). They delivered Gwyneth after Tricia had become very very sick from complications of CF. After the c-section, Tricia was put in a coma for over a week. Soon thereafter she was placed at the top of the transplant list. She ended up receiving donor lungs. She and Gwyneth each endured time in the hospital.

For the rest - you should just visit Nathan's blog, Confessions of a CF Husband.

I hope that your heart is warmed as much as mine as you get to know this remarkable family. They have amazing strength, faith and kindness. They have been blessed and clearly they realize that they are in a position to share those blessings with others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

New to your blog, not sure how I found it but its awesome..
Ive been following CF husband as well

CFHusband said...

Thank you!