Monday, May 26, 2008

whew

Oh man, I'm tired from this long weekend. Overall it was a very, very good weekend, though.

Friday, we met Arcolia and Khristina for tapas at some restaurant north of the design district. Yay! We socialized on a Friday!

Saturday, we did some random stuff, then I went to a baby shower, then I came home and we watched movies and TV in bed for the rest of the day - can't beat that with a stick!

Sunday, we went to church, had an awesome time with friends there. Then we met Alex's family at the beach. Apparently, each year they rent at this time share that is in Sunny Isles. It was AWESOME. Literally, the beach is outside the door to their villa. And it is super cheap in the off-season! We think we are going to start going there on our own. So we spent the day there hanging out with his family and playing in the ocean and pool w/ his niece and nephew. Highlight of Sunday: Alex's niece, Isabella finally started calling me 'tia'! She's 6 years old and I've known her since she was a baby and before we were married so she always called me Shaleen. For some reason she started calling me Tia!

Monday - got up early today to shoot head shots of our pastor Rick Blackwood. He is about to have his first book published and needed a photo for the jacket cover. It was fun to hang out with him. Afterward we went to the mall to get Alex some stuff and then came home. I packed my bag and headed to Orlando. Wednesday I'm presenting at a session at the Governor's Women's Health Conference. The drive was fine until I got near Orlando - then I always end up getting turned around here. The streets and highways change names all the time! So I finally got here at 9-ish and got to my room at 9:40.

Hope you all had a nice long weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey shaleen, its tiffany, i intoduced myslef to you and alex at the beach baptism, well i just started my own blog now, so if you want to check it out you can at www.thesesilentthoughts.blogspot.com

Ann Marie said...

oh! that's why my email inbox is so quiet without you! Be safe in Orlando and good luck at your conference :)

Ann Marie said...

Oh, and SO cute about Isabella. Tia Shaleen; I like the sound of that :)