Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Awesome night

I cannot recall when I've had more fun in the past several months. Last night, all of my high school friends got together at Scully's, a local tavern. Alex and I go there once a week probably b/c it's quiet and they have the best burger ever. But Wednesday is karaoke night. We have not been here before on Wednesday. Last night, we were joined by my best friend Ann Marie and her husband Eddie (both from my high school), my friends Gloria and Jennean (from middle school), my friend Crissa and her boyfriend Billy Jack.  We really all got together b/c Crissa was in town - she has lived outside of Miami for years in NYC and now in Asheville.  

I had such a great time with everyone - but for sure the karaoke was a highlight.  Firstly, the Scully's crowd is clearly comprised of advanced-level karaoke singers.  About 4 of them were just awesome.  Then our crowd joined in.  I sang Wonderwall, Alex sang Tiny Dancer, Eddie sang a song by Keane, Billy Jack sang a oldies song and also an old-school rap song, Crissa sang I'm your Angel and Gloria sang a Tenacious D song.  

The entire night was awesome, I wish we could do it all the time....I wish Crissa and Billy Jack didn't live so far away.  :(

No comments: