Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday, Schmonday

I've had a headache all day long and I also think that I was partially brain-dead. What I wear to work each day is determined, largely, by the number and type of meetings that I have that day. So this morning as I was staring at my closet, I did a mental run-through of my calendar. Nope, no meetings. But for some reason, I still decided to dress a little better than usual. (thank you, God).

I forgot to charge my blackberry, so I left it at home charging. So when I arrive to work, my headache is still there and my assistant asks me if I need anything for my first meeting. Whaaat? So I look at my calendar - I have a 9:00 internal meeting, a 10:00 meeting with people from NYC Health Corps that's been scheduled for a month, then a 1:00 meeting with my largest contractor at their offices. My headache does not go away despite having taken one round of my migraine medication. The second round at 12:00 begins making me a little 'soft' around the edges as it contains a mild muscle relaxer. Nonetheless, I get in my car and drive to my 1:00. The good thing is that the location of that meeting made it impossible to go back to the office and actually get any work done. So here I am at home at 4:00 ready to check my emails and see if I can get any work done before taking Miles for a bike ride.

My head feels "better" - like I have a headache that is being masked by medication.

No comments: