Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Underwear Day

When I was in college my friends and I had this thing that if one of us was having a bad day - then we would all go out and each buy her a new pair of panties. Our theory was this: it is fun to get fun, new panties for no reason and they would cheer our friend up. And also, that after that day, you would always be reminded, whenever you would wear one of those pairs of panties that it was a gift from a friend. Plus we always made the presentation of the panties something of a show. For example, our friend Abby broke up with a guy - so we all bought her panties - returned to our dorm and made her sit in a chair while we blasted 'I will survive' and then we each presented her with her new panties as we sang the song. I'm sure those cheered her up for a long time. Whenever we did this, we would call it Happy Underwear Day

Anyway, I wasn't down today for any reason, but I was reminded of this b/c I came home from work today to find a package on my step. I rarely receive packages. It was from my best friend Lourdes as a thank-you for co-hosting her baby shower she bought be 4 new pairs of beautiful panties.

it was a special gift too b/c she wanted to help spice up the Alaskan cruise that Alex and I have coming up in May. This is whole separate post for another day, but Alex and I have been working to overcome an infertility issue. Hopefully it's resolved now but we'll know in the coming months. I know that there will be more posts about that some other time - but if you want to know what's up just email me. We're pretty open about it.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

That was a great post! What a great gift from Lourdes :) I must admit, that was a racier post than I expected, but it made me giggle. Love you girlie!