Saturday, March 8, 2008

So this is a what Saturdays are like?

Alex and I have about the next month off from weddings.  I am SO excited.   I love working with him, and I certainly won't complain that his business is doing so well.  But we have been busy, very busy.  We shot weddings every single weekend since the new year.  We are tired.

So last weekend began our big break.  But this weekend we really didn't have anything to do.  I have to be honest...I wasn't quite sure what to do w/ myself.  So what did I do?  I found work to do (at least after a while).

First, it rained today - again. It's not supposed to rain so often in March is it?  Normally it wouldn't bother me except that we were supposed to have our house painted this weekend.  I was so mad.  But it stopped in the early morning so if it doesn't rain again tonight or tomorrow the guy will come tomorrow.

Then my mom called to go to the mall.  That was fun. I bought Alex some jeans and shirts b/c he seriously needs clothes.  My mom got her makeup done at the clinique counter - the girl was so good, she taught her how to use foundation right - she taught us both some stuff!

When I got home...well I couldn't just sit around.  So I began the big clean.  Now at 6:00 I'm finally done.  I vacuumed and mopped.  Then I washed and dried Pete, then I washed and dried Miles.  

Washing and drying Miles is a mission, really.  First you have to wash him w/ dog shampoo and rinse; then wash him with people shampoo w/ conditioner (b/c he has so much hair).  Then you have to towel dry him.  Then I put him in the garage so that he doesn't roll in the grass or get in the dirt.  Then I change my clothes because I'm usually soaked by that time.  Then I get him out of the garage and take him for a long bike ride.  The bike ride serves two purposes.  First it helps w/ the drying process b/c he just runs and runs.  Second, for whatever reason, after getting a bath Miles gets himself all worked up -- so he needs that long run to get the energy out.  After all of that, he is dry enough to come in the house without getting my clean tile dirty.

So, now it's 6:30 and Alex is at church working....I guess I'll relax now, unless I find something else that needs to be done.


No comments: