Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy management problem

I am dealing with the best kind of management problem. I have to do performance reviews on two contract managers on my staff...and I am having the hardest time trying to find anything critical to say. This is only a problem b/c I don't want to be totally positive b/c it doesn't give them anything to work on. But it's still a good problem to have. I have worked so hard to build a cohesive team and I have to say that at The Trust, I have one powerhouse team. I love working with them all. They are able to deal with the fact that I am in so many meetings that I'm barely available to review their work or give them detailed guidance - they are all able to take the little instruction they get from me and run with it. That's ideal.

This is the exact opposite problem that Alex has at our child care center where he deals with the worst HR problems ever. The staff there are constantly quitting or calling in sick, or he'll hire someone and then she won't come to work. It's horrible. Plus he has to work with all women...which I'm sure you can image is not a ton of fun for him.

1 comment:

dgarcia said...

I share your dilemma :) I finally got an awesome team and doing the performance reviews was not an easy task. They are very hard workers, analytical, detail-oriented, etc. I was able to identify areas for improvement for each, but overall I'm very happy with my team. What a problem!!! ;-)