Saturday, June 28, 2008

advice anyone?

Hello - sorry I've been gone for a bit. I haven't felt like I've had much to say lately, hmm. I did do some work on the blog, though - as you can see on the right-hand side of your screen, I've added labels to almost all of my posts. So that's a good thing.

Here is where I need some help. I want to buy a vacuum. A good one. Right now we have some super-lightweight bagless thing, but I think that the filtration is really bad - because it seems to blow out unclean air (think hot dog-hair, yuck). I'm kind of over it. Plus with the two dogs, we really need a good vacuum. They bring all kinds of dust and dirt. We have white tile floors in most of the house - so it shows!

Does anyone have a vacuum that they particularly love or hate? I want to know if you hate your vacuum too. I have been reading some reviews and I like what I'm seeing about Dyson vacuums.

6 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

My mom's middle name is VACUUM. Ha! Seriously, in preparation for Hurricane Andrew she stashed the Electrolux in the safe closet. Ugh!!

So she still loves the Electrolux. She also has an Orec, that I am borrowing and I like it fine. But the top of the line that my mom and Holly have and swear by is the Rainbow.

I used one when I worked at a B&B for a little while. They are amazingly efficient, but pretty bulky.

Anyway...I hate vacuuming. Hate it. but I need to buy one myself, so, I'll be interested in seeing what the other advice is.

Shaleen said...

Hmm, that's interesting - I don't know anything about that Rainbow brand. I will check it out!

THANKS!

Mylinda said...

I have a cheapie Hoover, which works fine for me, but I have a friend who LOVES her Dyson and won't ever buy another kind. She has lots of kids and lots of dirt and lots of allergies in her home. She also has tile and wood floors and says it works great on carpetless floors. I would like to have one, too, since I have no carpet, but alas, it's too expensive for us right now. Maybe someday...when the kids are grown! lol :-)

JS said...

My parents love their Electrolux vacuums--they have two: one from the 60s (from late grandma) and one from the 80s. They both still work like new, after decades of weekly use.

JS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is Ann Marie...couldn't sign in for some reason.

I love my Dyson "original root cyclone" (DC07) model. There's a newer model now, but in general I'd say you probably can't go wrong with anything that guy makes. With three dogs and an old, dusty house, we take our vacuuming quite seriously :)

http://www.dyson.co.uk/store/product.asp?product=DC07-ORIGIN