Saturday, June 14, 2008

Great Saturday

Today has been a great day - I'm loving it and it's not even over yet! It really hasn't been anything special except very relaxing. I should backtrack and tell you that we went to the Miami Heart Gallery last night with our friends Jeff and Jen. It was really amazing - the photography was great - I hope that some of these kids get adopted. Then we all went to Swenson's and had sundaes. That was wonderful except that I never eat sundaes so my stomach really hurt afterward, but it was so delicious.

Today we shot maternity photos for a coworker of mine - a woman who was actually my first boss at The Children's Trust before the whole health project took off and my department got created. She's amazing and super-smart - she's one of the smartest people I know. It was really fun and we did the shoot at their house. We didn't intend to when we planned doing a shoot with them, but they are finishing some renovations so they had to stay near home-base. I think it really worked out for the better because Lori is 37.5 weeks - so she could really go at any time. I know that she was kind of uncomfortable so I think it was good that she was at home in a comfortable environment.

Afterwards, Alex and I went to a diner that I like a lot and had breakfast. I had an amazing egg white omelet. I have to thank my friend Chrissy for urging me to try these a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE egg white omelets now! Not only are they delicious but they are healthy and have practically no calories - score!

Then we decided that instead of going to the beach - which is always such a mission - we would just pack up the dogs and go to his parents house to play in their pool. This was excellent b/c since his parents are out of town we got to bring the dogs. They would never be allowed in the pool otherwise! Oh man - this was the first time we've brought Miles here and he was such a goofball - he LOVED swimming in the pool (maybe a little too much). He has successfully bruised and scratched both of us - as we couldn't swim laps in the pool without getting him excited and then jumping in the pool almost on top of us and then trying to 'play' with us - which just meant that he would scratch the heck out of us. Poor alex has three solid red lines down the entire length of his back!

And Pete....poor Pete hates the pool. Despises it. He gets so angry seeing us in it that he just barks at us. We don't think he likes swimming much b/c he is solid muscle so he kind of sinks in water. Nevertheless - we always throw him in at least once because it's funny. Today we learned that we can't do that with Miles the pool-maniac around. When threw Pete in, Miles dove in practically on top of him and then proceeded to try to 'play' with him by pawing him which just pushed Pete under the water. Pete was hysterical - I tried to get in to save Pete but Miles would scratch me (remember all dogs are swimming during this process!). I finally got Pete and launched him onto the side of the pool, out of the water. Now I'm sure he'll hate the water even more. Poor thing.

Tonight, Alex and I will be going to Acqua at the Four Seasons. We go there for dinner every year now for our anniversary - we love it. I'm so excited!

No comments: