Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ok, I'm listening

Clearly, the Lord is trying to tell me something. Please, please I ask my friends to help me understand this.

About fifteen minutes ago at 7:30 PM we got a call from the scheduling department at the urologist's office. She said that she sees that we have an appointment on June 13 with Dr. Samowitz, but that he is not going to be in town; the next available appointment is July 1.

I say, "I know, this past Friday we had an appointment which was canceled by your office the night beforehand. They said that we could reschedule with the physician's assistant, that's what we were doing." She says, "I understand, unfortunately, the PA was in a car accident today and broke several bones and will probably be out." Dang; how do I respond to that?

"That's horrible, I'm sorry to hear that. The thing is that we need to know the results of my husband's semen analysis so that we can make decisions about fertility treatments if necessary and at this point our appointment has been pushed back a month and that's a month lost in fertility treatments."

She explains that she totally understands and she is going to schedule an appointment with another physician in the practice for June 20 and that she will leave a note explaining our situation for another PA.

I am praying for a miracle that I find in the next week or so that I'm pregnant. I feel like we were so close to knowing some more about our situation and it's just getting dragged out. I really have no hope in the rather dull girl who took my records request on Friday and that we'll actually get the records in the mail.

What do you think? If you've never left a comment - now is the time to do so. I'm really ok, I'm not traumatized or anything but I am asking for your prayers.

Shaleen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shaleen,

Although I don't know you personally, I stumbled upon your blog through someone else's (isn't this often the case!) and then I noticed that you had Jeff Burton as one of your favorite blogs. Well, my family attends CF in Palmetto Bay and my daughter is part of Revolution and part of the leadership - so I guess "stumbling" onto your blog was all part of God's plan! I am praying for you and your husband and your upcoming appt. Although we don't know each other (yet!)- we are sisters-in-Christ and that's all that matters...I will continue to read your updates and be diligent and faithful in my prayers!

God Bless,
Esther

Shaleen said...

Thanks Esther! How cool that you happened upon my blog!