Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh, Happy Sunday!

Alex and I thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday. We went to church this morning which was good. At church I lead the group of volunteers at our Downtown campus who are caring for the infants through 2 year old children. I have not always really known how to talk to kids. But I think I've found my niche with the little ones. I still am at a loss when it comes to older kids - but the little ones are cool. I'm actually getting to where I can engage a 2 year old and get them all to do the same thing. That's cool.

Then, Alex and I spent the afternoon in bed watching the tv-movie premier episode of the SciFi Channel's remake of Battle Star Galactica. Ann Marie and Eddie suggested that we watch the series. Oh man, it's awesome. We are hooked. It's your typical sci-fi story: man creates robots, robots get smart, try to overthrow mankind. But in this series, mankind and robots (cylons) come to a diplomatic agreement which stays in place for 40 years...until the cylons come back in the form of humans and launch a surprise attack. Then mankind is on the run from cylons in an effort to recreate mankind. So that's where we are now - but it's really well made and the characters are complex.

No comments: